Cake Pickup Disclaimer
When opting to pick up your wedding or specialty cake instead of having it delivered you understand that transporting this type of cake requires all of the above pre-arrangements, and you agree to prepare your vehicle in advance accordingly.
You acknowledge that once you have picked up your cake, Parinda Cupcakes cannot be held liable for any damage or failure that may occur once the cake leaves our store or during transport, handling, set up or display. Once you have the cake, it is your responsibility to transport it directly to the event venue and not leave it unattended in your vehicle or anywhere outside.
Cake Pickup Instructions
Important instructions for preparing your car and delivering your cake
- Generally, your cake will be packaged in a sealed box to protect your cake from dust, rain or foreign objects (with the exception of extremely large or gravity defying cakes that may not fit packaging)
- When carrying your cake, please place both hands under the cake, being careful to keep hands under the cake center. Keep the cake level at all times. DO NOT PICK UP THE CAKE BY THE SIDES. THE BOARD WILL BEND AND THE FROSTING MIGHT CRACK OR GET STUCK ON THE EDGE OF THE BOX. Pick up or delivery are best done in the early morning and/or in a very cool, air conditioned car. Make sure you have enough room in your car for the size cake you are purchasing. Larger specialty cakes may not come with a box. Please have a have a clean level space available.
- Keep the cake cool and away from direct sunlight.
- On warm days, it is imperative that your vehicle have a working cooling unit (air conditioning). Please run it before your pickup until your car’s interior is cool
- Please make sure you have a flat surface in your car to transport your cake. Most cakes will fit on the front floor board. Larger cakes will need to travel in the back of an SUV or wagon. Please do not putting it on a slanted car seat or any area with a slant, we DO NOT recommend someone holding the cake, placing it on the floor board is the best option. DO NOT LEAVE ANY OF OUR DESSERTS IN THE CAR FOR LONGER THAN IT TAKES FOR YOU TO GET HOME. THE HEAT AFFECTS THE FROSTING AND CAUSES IT TO BREAK DOWN. Don’t squeeze the sides of the box because the frosting may stick to the box. When carrying or transporting your cake, please place both hands underneath the cake to support the cake and the board. If you will be traveling with your cake after you take it home, we recommend keeping it refrigerated so the cake will be nice and firm for travel and of course, drive carefully and avoid slamming your brakes or turning sharply.
- Allowing pets to be in the car during a cake transport is strongly discouraged.
- Driver must take extreme caution, keeping the vehicle level at all times, especially when turning corners, and must avoid any sudden acceleration, cornering or aggressive braking.
- Please adhere to the agreed-upon pick up time.
- Upon arrival at the event venue, be sure to set up the cake in a cool display area away from sunlight (and away from anywhere sunlight might move to) without delay
Cake and cupcake storage
The cakes and cupcakes will be kept chilled until pick up time.
Buttercream cakes are best at room temperature (allow 2+ hours if possible). The cake should be refrigerated up to 1-3 hours before serving. Remove cake from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature to develop best flavor and texture. Tiered cakes take longer to warm up, so let sit at least 2 hours before serving. Store leftover cake in refrigerator. Never freeze a fondant cake. Keep cakes away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat, as they may fade or melt.
Room temperature for the cake should be at 72F or lower. Cake should be kept away from heat and direct
To keep the cakes/cupcakes fresh overnight, they should stay in the provided package and store in the fridge or store in airtight container in the freezer for longer storage.
Each cupcake is secured with toothpicks, please keep that in mind as you serve the cupcakes to your guests.